Purpose of this briefing is to introduce the new procedure for managing system access for contractors and consultants.
· In an effort to ensure the appropriateness of system access for contractor accounts, ITS will programmatically disable all contractor accounts on February 12, 2016.
o The phrase “contractor accounts” refers to anyone (contractor, consultant, intern, vendor support personnel, etc.) using M-DCPS network resources via an ITS issued user ID falling outside of the user accounts created programmatically for employees; contractor user IDs generally begin with 91xxxx.
· These contractor accounts will remain disabled until such time that an explicit request to restore access is received by ITS.
· Requests to review, retain or restore access should be submitted to ITS Data Security via HEAT.
· Access for the requested users will be restored for a period not to exceed six-months or the length of the engagement, whichever comes first.
· Upon account expiration, a subsequent request to re-instate/extend access must be submitted via HEAT Ticket.
o The extension request will also be subject to the six-month/length of engagement limitation(s).
· In order to expedite the re-enabling of these accounts, please create a HEAT Ticket and include the following information in the incident description:
o ATTN: ITS Data Security
o Subject: “Non-employee network access reinstatement.”
o In addition, requesting locations should specify the following information in the HEAT ticket:
· Individual’s name
· Contractor ID
· Supervisor name
· Length of engagement, and
· Specific access required.