The purpose of this briefing is to provide information for insuring
district owned tablets and laptops.
- MDCPS has examined the need to insure mobile devices
at a reasonable cost.
- The Worth Ave. Group has established an online
portal to allow parents to purchase coverage for district devices that
are checked out to their child.
- A quote for coverage can be found at https://www.worthavegroup.com/portal/dadeschoolsfl
- Policies must be purchased through the link above and
for the correct coverage. Students may be responsible for
deductibles if the policy is not purchased through the link above and
for a portion of the recovery fee if adequate coverage is not purchased.
- Coverage is available for the following devices:
- Apple MacBook Air 11 inch
- Apple MacBook Air 13 inch
- HP 10 EE Table
- HP ProBook 11EE Notebook
- HP 210 G1 Notebook
- HP ProBook X360 11 G3 EE
- HP ProBook X360 11 G1 EE
- HP X360 310 G2 PC
- Lenovo ThinkPad 11E 11.6 4th
- Lenovo 11.6" ThinkPad 11e 5th Gen
- Lenovo x131e
- Coverage includes accidental damage, cracked screens,
liquid submersion, theft, vandalism, fire, flood, natural disasters and
power surge by lighting.
- Policies may be purchased 9/2/19 - 9/30/19.
- Worth Ave. Group will provide specific claim
instructions for non-HP devices
- For questions regarding coverage contact, Mr. Chazz Chiamardas, Account
Executive, Worth Ave. Group at 561-707-3323 or via email Chazz@WorthAveGroup.com
Michael G. Fox (305-995-7155 )
of Risk and Benefits Management